Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Sky Adventure, Crown Regency Cebu

My friends and I had a day tour at Crown Regency, the highlight of which is the Sky Adventure or the Edge Coaster Ride.
We paid 880 pesos each,actually it was a promo. Promo includes 1 4D Theather Movie, Lunch Buffet at Wang Shang Lo Restaurant, 1 Prana Medi Treat Spa and 1 Sky Adventure(either Sky Walk or Edge Coaster Ride).

We watched first a 4D Movie,Lost Island a 15mins. movie. There are 3 choices to choose from-Dino Rampage,Anode To Life and Lost Island.

With my friends-Fe,Shara & Don

Since it was nearing lunch time, we headed to Wang Shang Lo Restaurant. Wang Shang Lo serves chinese foods, so if you are a lover of chinese foods you will enjoy it there. A lot of food choices there and  you get to have 1 glass of ice tea. If 1 glass of ice tea is not enough you can pay for your next glass at 90 pesos.

Wang Shang Lo Restaurant


After our sumptous lunch, we rested awhile in their swimming pool area. Free swimming if you want to. They had 2 swimming pool- the outdoor with jacuzzi and the aqua pool. The later is more of a therapeutic pool, it massages your body.

aqua pool

After lounging at their pool for 2 hours we headed to the 37th floor-the Sky adventure.

Sky Walk/Edge Coaster Ride.Everyone's been  talking about it. It calims to be the one and only of its kind in the world.
Since I feared heights my friend and I opted the Sky Walk Extreme.While 2 of my friends tried the Edge Coaster Ride.

Sky walk extreme is a 15 minutes walk around the edge of the building. It is a 360 degree view of the whole city. If your wondering if it is safe, it passed the international safety standards so no worries of harness snapping out. First, we were given an orange jumpsuit and white rubber shoes. If your not wearing socks like me they sell black socks at 20 pesos at the counter.Then we strapped our harness very securely around us. There will be guides who will walk you along the way. Before stepping out  the platform, our guide gave us a little briefing on safety. Then finally we stepped out the platform and began our walk. My knees were shaking and i was in panic(because i feared heights). Probably our guide saw me in panic so he was very kind to give me encouragement. When our guide started pointing the magnificent view, I was overwhelmed. Seeing the the entire view of the whole city of Cebu. I was busy marvelling the view that I totally forgot about my fears until finally we reached the end of the platform.

that's us walking at the edge of the building

the magnificent view of the whole Cebu

Edge Coaster Ride. Located just above the sky walk. It is a 4 minutes ride wherein during your ride your seat is suddenly tilted at 55 degrees. My friends told me you could feel like falling off  from your seat literally. The riders are provided with a joystick for control of the tilt  level.

my friend shara on the edge cosater 
 After our sky adventures we were given certificates as proof we survived the adventure. It was indeed a different kind of adventure.
During the walk or ride there were official photographer who will take your pictures as your souvenirs which cost 230 pesos each.

After our tiring day, we headed to Prana Medi Spa to have ourselves a massage included in the promo we availed.

*********
If interested call (+6332)418-8888 for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment