Thursday, April 15, 2010

An Afternoon At Manila Ocean Park

Ike(my boyfriend) and I spent an afternoon touring Manila Ocean Park. Ocean Park is located at the back of Quirino Grand Stand in Luneta Park, Manila.

Ike my boyfriend at the entrance of ocean park
We paid 450 pesos each for the entrance fee.

We first entered into an open area called Agos(Flow) wherein as if you are in a jungle. In this area, you will see tanks containing different fishes,water cascading from a waterfalls containing fresh water fauna, sort of a pool where you can interact with some of the animals on display.

Afterwhich, we entered  Bahura(Coral Reef). Oh by the way there are a few restrictions when entering Bahura. No food & drinks allowed, No flash photography and No running.

Inside the Bahura you will see many tanks containing coral reef inhabitants, collection of marine fish, Stingrays(Pagi), Sharks (Pating).

one of the Coral Reef displayed

Marine Fish 
                                      
 Stringrays(Pagi)

Sharks(Pating)
What I liked the most was the 25 meter walk along the tunnel(underwater) The view was breath-taking. You will feel like you are walking on the sea floor.

That's me in the tunnel style aquarium

You'll also find restaurants within the Ocean Park building if ever you go hungry.



*******
I took the above pics using my Sony DSC-W55

No comments:

Post a Comment